At Thanksgiving we had a pumpkin pie version. One night a few months ago I attempted these tarts with a classic combination a chocolate chip cookies with rich chocolate brownie. A chocolate chip cookie shell with gooey brownie filling. So simple, these can be made in 30 minutes – no mixer required.
INGREDIENTS :Cookie Crust:
- 5 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk (from a large egg)
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tbsp all purpose flour
- scant pinch salt
- ? cup mini chocolate chips
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 Tablespoons all purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 325 F. Grease a mini muffin tin.
- To make the cookie crust, in a small bowl beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy (do this by hand with a wooden spoon or in a standing mixer). Add the egg yolk and mix. Add the flour and salt and mix until well combined. Stir in mini chocolate chips. Put the bowl in the refrigerator to chill while making the brownie filling (this will make it easier to handle).
- For the brownie filling, heat the butter on the stove or in the microwave, just until melted. Whisk in sugar and cocoa powder until smooth. Set aside until only slightly warm to the touch, about 5 minutes. Using a wooden spoon stir in the egg and vanilla until evenly encorporated. Add flour and stir until smooth.
get full recipes : inquiringchef.com