Have you ever had breakfast burritos? They’re a lot like the burritos you have for lunch or dinner, except that you use eggs, instead of meat, to fill the tortillas. You can add some breakfast sausage to the eggs, throw in some veggies and maybe some hash browns or fried potatoes.We’ve been making these sausage and egg burritos for breakfast since way, way back. See, we figured out that while the kids don’t really like eggs, they’ll eat almost anything wrapped in a tortilla! Actually, I’m gonna be completely honest here and let you know that the Hubs makes them. I do the pancakes, muffins and French toast, but he’s the egg man.
You could easily stop there, but we like to take these breakfast burritos to a different level and give them a crispy texture. So after rolling the burritos, you heat them up in a skillet for a little bit until they’re golden brown and crisp on the outside.
- 1 pound breakfast sausage
- 10 eggs, beaten together
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 8 flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded colby jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- Crumble and cook the sausage in a large skillet until brown. Drain grease, place sausage on paper towel-lined plate, cover and set aside
- In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of butter, add eggs, salt and pepper, and cook over medium heat, stirring continuously, until mostly set and no longer runny
- Stir in sausage, then remove from heat
for full instruction please see : www.meatloafandmelodrama.com