Red Velvet lovers, if you’re looking for that dynamite dessert for Valentine’s Day, look no farther! This recipe is for you. Paula Deen’s Red Velvet Cake Roll is scrumptious, sumptuous, delectable’a must try! I highly recommend it. It was a big hit with everyone no matter how I served it: with chocolate and white chocolate curls, raspberries, powdered sugar or chocolate sauce. Red Velvet Cake Roll is a spectacular dessert, but I warn you in advance that it’s a little bit of a high maintenance dessert.
INGREDIENTS : CAKE ROLL:
- 5 large eggs separated
- 3/4 cup sugar divided use
- 2 tbsp. buttermilk or soured milk
- 1 tsp. white vinegar
- 1 oz. bottle red food coloring
- 2/3 cup cake flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar or more, if needed
- confectioners sugar, chocolate sauce, raspberries, chocolate and white chocolate curls for garnish, as desired
WHITE CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE FILLING:
- 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 cup white chocolate chips coarsely chopped, if desired, NOT vanilla chips
INSTRUCTIONS : CAKE ROLL:
- Preheat oven to 350′.
- Spray a 10×15’jelly-roll pan with cooking spray.
- Place a sheet of waxed paper over top of the sprayed pan.
- Spray the waxed paper heavily with Bakers Joy cooking spray. Set aside
- Separate egg yolks and egg whites.
- Place egg yolks in large mixer and mix
get full recipes : cantstayoutofthekitchen.com