To make these taco stuffed peppers (keto, low carb), you will start out by sauteing an onion in olive oil until it begins to soften.
Now it is time to stuff the peppers. I like to use a colorful variety of peppers since I think it adds interest. You can use your favorite type of bell pepper or whatever you have on hand. Slice each bell pepper in half, and remove the insides along with the seeds. Place the bell peppers halves cut side up into a casserole or high sided baking dish like this one.
Taco Stuffed Peppers (Keto, Low Carb)
These taco stuffed peppers are cheesy and delicious. These are great if you are following a low carb or keto diet.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
Calories 432 kcal
- 1 tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 1/2 lb Ground beef
- 1 Small onion chopped
- 2 Cloves garlic minced
- 3 Large bell peppers
- 1 tbsp Chili powder
- 1/2 tsp Onion powder
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1 cup Shredded lettuce
- 6 Cherry tomatoes diced
- 2 tbsp Full fat sour cream
- 1 cup Shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion, and saute for 2-3 minutes when the onions begin to soften.
- Add in the minced garlic, and stir for 30 seconds.
- Toss in the ground beef, and break it up, stirring often while it browns.
- Mix in 1 tablespoon of chili powder.
- Add in the onion powder, paprika and cumin. Stir the meat mixture well, and continue to cook it until it is completely browned.
- Slice each bell pepper in half, and remove the insides along with the seeds.
- Place the bell peppers halves cut side up into a casserole or high sided baking dish.
- Fill each bell pepper half with the meat mixture. It is okay to heap the mixture up over the top of the bell pepper if needed.
- Top the meat filled pepper halves with 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake the peppers in the oven for 25-30 minutes until the cheese has melted, and the peppers are starting to turn tender.
- Remove the peppers from the oven, top with shredded lettuce, diced tomato and sour cream.
This recipe and image adapted from : https://therecipecritic.com