We haven’t had much of a winter this year, but even so, I’ve been eager for spring to come. I am READY for warmer weather and sunshine and bright flowers everywhere. Now, I’m not saying I’m a witch (and I’m not saying I’m not), but in an effort to conjure spring early, I’ve been making lots of happy, cheerful spring desserts
To mis-quote Chandler Bing, Could this Strawberry Swirl Bundt Cake BE any more springy??It’s a moist vanilla cake with a swirl of strawberry cake in the middle, topped with a lemon glaze and a garden of fresh berries and buttercream blooms on top. It’s almost too pretty to eat (almost!) and makes me smile every time I look at it.
A good glaze texture is so important for bundt cakes, and so hard to nail! I usually like my glaze to be fairly opaque, as opposed to thin and barely-there, so I aim for a pancake batter consistency when I make it. This might make the glaze too thick for some people, but I have literally never uttered the phrase too much glazein my life, so I am definitely not one of those people.
FOR THE BUNDT CAKE:
- 14 oz granulated sugar (2 cups)
- 8 oz unsalted butter at room temperature (2 sticks)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 large eggs at room temperature
- 11.25 oz all-purpose flour (2.5 cups)
- 1 TBSP vanilla extract
- 8 oz sour cream (1 cup)
- 4 oz strawberry puree about a cup
- 3 oz chopped strawberries about 2/3 cup
- Pink gel food coloring optional
FOR THE DECORATIONS:
- 6 oz powdered sugar (1.5 cups)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp lemon extract or other flavoring extract
- 2-3 cups buttercream frosting tinted assorted colors
- 3 fresh strawberries
- #2 piping tip
- Russian piping tips
- Piping bags
- US CUSTOMARY – METRIC
TO MAKE THE BUNDT CAKE:
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Spray a 10-15 cup bundt pan with nonstick baking spray I like the Bakers variety with flour mixed in.
- Combine the sugar, butter, baking powder, and salt in the bowl of a large stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Mix on medium-high speed for about 5 minutes, until very light and creamy.
for full instruction please see : www.sugarhero.com