Are you looking for the BEST Apple crisp? One that is full of flavor and perfected over time to be a NO-FAIL recipe? This is it. My secret? DOUBLE the crisp!If you are anything like me, you always think your recipe is the best. I was convinced that the apple crisp I have been making for the last couple years couldn’t be beaten but was I ever wrong. I tried this recipe last fall and have made it at least 15 times since. It is perfect every single time! It is the ideal combination of rich oat crisp paired with a slightly tart apple (this is important, I will tell you why below) and just the right about of buttery richness. If you are looking for the best apple crisp you have ever tried, look no further.
As you can see I use brown sugar in the apple coating as well as the oat mixture. But let’s talk about the butter because that is equally important! I like to use a good quality butter like Challenge Butter. It’s churned daily from two natural ingredients: the freshest 100% real pasteurized sweet cream and salt. That’s it! The taste is pure, and the flavor is consistent, which is extremely important in baking.
- 10 cups Granny Smith apples peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 cup (200g) brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cup (180g) quick-cooking oats
- 2 cup (250g) all-purpose flour
- 2 cup (400g) packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (2 sticks, 226g) Challenge Butter cubed while cold
- Preheat oven to 375’F. Prepare a 9×13 pan with baking spray or coating with butter.
for full recipes please see : iambaker.net