They say how you spend your New Years depicts the rest of the year. Perfect dishes all year long? Bring it on! What makes this chicken turn out perfect every time? It’s all in the cast-iron skillet and the technique. You first pan-fry the chicken, then make the sauce, combine the two, and place the skillet into the oven. This technique yields irresistible, juicy and perfect skillet chicken every. single. time.
And what would make the perfect skillet chicken even better? It’s called to-die-for, lemon garlic sauce. This sauce is goes with everything. I pour it over vegetables and other side dishes. Just think, rice soaked in lemon garlic sauce umm YUM. I usually double the sauce so that I have extra for that very reason!
With flavour like that, you would think this dish would be so complicated and time-consuming. But guess what? It is not. In fact, this is the perfect weeknight meal. Yes, you read that right, it was not a typo. WEEKNIGHT MEAL! Bet you didn’t think exquisiteness could be part of your weeknight menu!
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced horizontally (about 1.3 lbs.)
- ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 and 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 cup light cream or half and half
- 4 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper powder
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (juice from 1/2 lemon)
- 3 tablespoons Italian parsley, chopped
- Get Ingredients Powered by Chicory
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat.
for full instruction please see : www.aheadofthyme.com